Secondary Server and Print Provider Troubleshooting
Last modified on 17 June 2014 11:09 AM
I’ve set up a secondary server and the printers are not showing up in the PaperCut Admin Console under the Printers tab, or jobs are not showing up in the job log for that printer.
1. From the secondary server, confirm that you can access the Primary server by either:
Test a telnet connection to the Primary server:
or try to access the PaperCut Admin console from the secondary server:
2. Ensure that the necessary ports are opened on any firewall software or devices on the network, as detailed here: Firewall Configuration - Ports Used by PaperCut.
Confirm Secondary Server installation and config:
3. Confirm that you have installed the same version of secondary server software as the Primary Application is running. The secondary server is installed as per the Configuring Secondary Print Servers and Locally Attached Printers section of the manual.
You can download previous versions of PaperCut (to match the version that you’re running on the Primary App Server) from this link: http://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/PastVersions
The config file is located here:
Tip: If you’re running on Windows, and the changes you make to the config file are not being saved, you may need to run Notepad with Administrator privileges - Find ‘notepad’ in your Start menu, then right-click and select ‘Run as Administrator’. When notepad opens, use the ‘File → Open’ menus from that instance of notepad to open and edit the .conf file above, then save the file and re-open to confirm the connection information has saved correctly.
5. Restart the ‘PaperCut Print Provider’ service (Windows), or restart the secondary server to pick up any changes made above.
Check the Admin Console:
8. Check that the Printer on the secondary server is appearing in the ‘Printers’ tab in the PaperCut administration console - otherwise, re-check the steps above, and then enable debug in the Print Provider and send the log files through to PaperCut Support.