- Added the PaperCut Grows image and descriptive text to the following device types, where screen sizes are suitable: CDSS-1198
- Canon MEAP
- Fujifilm BI AIP 7.0+
- Fujifilm BI AIP 7.0+ (Printer Only)
- Fuji Xerox ApeosPort V+ (AIP)
- HP OXP
- HP OXP (Printer Only)
- Sharp OSA (HTML Browser n2.0+)
- Toshiba v3+
Copier / Device Integration:
- Canon MEAP Gen3+*:
- Fixed an issue with the Canon (MEAP) embedded application, to stop copy jobs on devices where users initiate a copy job with zero or negative balances CDSS-1660
- Added the ability for the Canon (MEAP) embedded to now support two card readers on the same device at once.CDSS-1161
- Fujifilm BI AIP 7.0+: Added new device type for Fujifilm Business Innovation AIP 7.0+ devices.
- Fujifilm BI AIP 7.0+ (Printer Only): Added new device type for Fujifilm Business Innovation AIP 7.0+ devices.
- Fujifilm Business: Removed Fujfilm Business from the available PaperCut MF device types.
- Enabled Lexmark C7 series devices on MF CDSS-1539
- Fixed Lexmark C7 config page render issue which was caused due to Lexmark update for security fixes beginning on firmware 80.xxx CDSS-1635
- Ricoh (SmartSDK)*:
- Fixed an issue occurring on Ricoh Smart SDK devices where an error displays on screen after installation. CDSS-1590
- Added a feature to allow a Ricoh Smart SDK embedded app optionally skip the “session progress” screen, by unchecking the box Show Account Confirmation on the Device Details page of the PaperCut Admin interface. PC-14002
- Added a new config key (ext-device.ricoh.copy.overrun-offset-pages) to Ricoh Smart SDK that configures the number of pages whose cost is preemptively taken into consideration when triggering zero stop. This change can improve the responsiveness of zero-stopping for copy jobs on devices that tend not to stop in time. PC-18700
- Sharp: Auto setup available for Sharp CR5 Atlas and Titan models under PaperCut MF CDSS-1671
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.
- Resolved an issue caused by upgrading from 22.0.2 that caused “Full Access” Admin users to be labelled as “Limited Access” but still have full system access. This issue also removed their access to the Help page. PO-985