This is a Maintenance Release for 18.1 and contains the following changes:
- Mobility Print: On Linux and macOS servers, fixed an issue preventing the account selection popup from being displayed when enabled.
- Azure AD Secure LDAP synchronization: The user/group synchronization option in the Configuration Wizard and the Options > User/Group Sync page has been changed from Azure AD to Azure AD Secure LDAP.
- Google Cloud Print: Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented PaperCut NG from connecting to the Google Cloud Print service to publish printers and print documents.
- Linux/Mac: Improved handling of "Printer Command Jobs" to prevent erroneous charges and unnecessary Account Selection Popups.
- The login button to the PaperCut Pay Station is now disabled while the user is being authenticated. This addresses an issue that could result in funds not being correctly associated with the user's account.
- Enhanced the Windows Print Provider when using SNMP to detect printer errors. Windows queue status is now updated with the correct printer error state.
- Fixed an issue in the external account API that caused canceled jobs charged to shared accounts to be be refunded incorrectly.
- Batch user and shared account import: Fixed an issue that allowed unsupported file types to be uploaded.
- User Client: Fixed an issue causing toast messages to be incorrectly displayed when they are disabled.
- Fixed a broken link in Programs > PaperCut NG to "Top-Ten Hidden Features".
- For free licenses (five or less users), the License expiry warning message has been replaced by a message indicating that the installation allows only five users.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused an "Unable to resolve" error to be displayed on the Job Log page when Hardware Check was enabled.
- Print Archiving: Fixed a rare issue that caused print archiving to fail, especially when printing via Mobility Print.
- Print Provider:
- Improved the time to release print jobs, especially in environments with a high number of held print jobs.**
- Fixed an issue that caused "Unable to get print job info" entries in the Print Provider log for print jobs that had already been printed.**
- Provided an option to fix an issue when Sonicwall Firewall Content Filtering System (CFS) is used that prevented secondary servers and Direct Print Monitors from accessing the Application Server and Site Servers. For details on how to set this option, see SonicWall with Content Filter Service.**
- Windows: PaperCut NG takes the Windows Job Status into consideration when canceling a print job. In addition to the Job Status of Error, the Windows Print Provider now also recognizes Offline, Paper Out, and User Intervention as potential errors.**
- PostScript drivers:
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect page counts of print jobs generated from KWS (UZ Leuven).
- Fixed a rare issue with some PostScript drivers that caused a color page to be incorrectly detected as grayscale.
- OKI PostScript drivers: Fixed an issue that, when multiple pages were printed on a single sheet of paper (n-up printing), caused an incorrect page count to be recorded in PaperCut NG logs.
- OKI C711: Fixed an issue that caused hardware page validation checks to fail.
- Epson: Fixed an issue causing color jobs to be charged as grayscale on some recent devices.
- Linux with pdftocairo: Fixed an issue that caused color jobs to be charged as grayscale.
- For more information about changes to Job Ticketing, see the Release Notes within the product.
- If you are running v18.1.1, there is NO database upgrade.
- Fixes and enhancements marked with ** require a Print Provider upgrade.