- Restricting access to color printing is now much simpler. All printers now have a filter for selecting the user groups who have color printing access.
- Watermarking and job attribution is now available for PCL5 printer drivers, in addition to the existing PostScript support. Next up: PCL6.
- New reports to compare printing over time (e.g. last month to this month).
- Novell OES: Print jobs manually canceled from iPrint queues are now automatically refunded.
- Novell OES: Improvements to cluster install notes.
- Scheduled reports can now be copied. This simplifies setting up multiple similar reports.
- Printer toner information may now be manually updated (in addition to the automatic perdiodic updates)
- Test notifications can now be sent to specific email addresses as well as by entering a username.
- The Windows release station zero-install method ("
pc-release-local-cache.exe") now automatically updates more config files each time it is launched (
client-machine-aliases.properties), simplifying deployment of multiple release stations from a central location.
- Improved retrieval of device serial numbers via SNMP by looking in some non-standard SNMP locations.
- Improved support for IPv6 when using the Windows Print Services for Unix (LPR and IPP).
- All printing based reports now have an ad hoc filter for printer groups.
- Improved logging to diagnose secondary server connection issues caused by security settings.
- Added a full Hebrew translation, thanks to our team in Israel.
- Fixed a problem editing scheduled reports with multiple email recipients which caused the recipients to be saved incorrectly.
- Fixed problem when editing scheduled reports in Excel/CSV format where date range parameters were incorrectly displayed.
- Fixed small memory leak in the Windows print provider service.
- Sensitive fields are no longer logged to the App Log when they are changed in the Config Editor (e.g. SMTP passwords).
- Windows: fixed printing order when a large number of print jobs are released at once (more than about 40 jobs).
- Improved reliability of watermarking on the HP 4100 with PostScript drivers.
- Release Station: Fixed anonymous print release for release stations running in "release any" mode.
- Release Station: Improved support for card authentication when using card header and trailer that are the same character.
- Fixed a problem setting admin rights for user group restrictions that could occur when running on a PostgreSQL database configured with certain locale/language settings.
Printer compatibility improvements:
- Improved page count detection for Xerox APIV C4470 PCL6 drivers.
- Improved copy count detection for some PostScript printers.
- Added page count support for Dymo 330 and 450 printers.
- Added grayscale/color detection for Xerox PostScript printers (e.g. the WC 7655).
- Added paper size detection for Canon UFR II devices such as Canon ir-ADV C2020/C2030 printers.
- Added support for detecting A5 paper sizes for Ricoh and Kyocera PCL5 printer drivers.
- Added support for RISO ComColor GDI series.
- Added support for the Ricoh RPCS driver for the GX7000 and GXe3350N devices.
- Added support for the Panasonic KX-MB3030 GDI Driver.
- Improved duplex page count detection for Sharp MX 5000N PCL5 driver.
- Added copy count detection for PostScript drivers on KIP plotters.
- Linux/Mac: Added support for the Oki C5650 HiperC printer.
- Linux/Mac: Improved reliability of print job redirection (e.g. find-me printing) on very busy print queues.