PaperCut says my registration key/license is invalid. Why is this? What can I do?
All licenses issued from email@example.com should be valid and will work with indefinitely (no time limit). The reasons for a license expiring including:
- You have recently upgraded to a new major release and your older license is not valid with the new version. See our PaperCut's Upgrade Policy for more details. If you have current premium support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a new free license. The system will give you 30-days to rectify this issue.
- Licensed are limited based on the number of users on your domain. If you exceed this limit for more than 30-days, the system may invalidate the license and prevent access. Please read the knowledge base article on Exceeding the license limit for more details.
Other common problems and their solutions:
1. Check that you have downloaded and installed the correct edition of PaperCut. PaperCut Quota licences are not valid for PaperCut NG and visa-versa.
2. Ensure you are running the correct version of PaperCut. Licenses/keys are issued for a particular version of PaperCut. The version number is either contained in the license file name or in the key. For example, a PaperCut Quota key
P5-500-80A53347-922A is a key valid for version 5 and will only work with version 5 (i.e. 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, etc.)
3. PaperCut ChargeBack and NG licenses are issued as a digitally signed file. Please install the file without modification. Any changes made to the file supplied will invalidate the license.
4. PaperCut Quota keys often contain hyphens and zero. Care should be taken to include hyphens. Also take care to not confuse the number zero for the letter "O".
If you are continuing to have problems, please email support.