Example .tsv (tab separated values) files for the batch-user import/update tools.
Important Note: There are two very separate methods of bulk updating/importing users:
- users are managed by a sync source like Active Directory, LDAP - these are ‘Standard Users’ (there is NO password field in this template)
- users are managed by PaperCut internally, including passwords - these are ‘Internal Users’ (this template does have a password field)
Standard Users (users which are managed by an external source like AD or LDAP)
The user import/update process is documented in the Batch import and update user data part of the manual:
- Note that in this import method, you are not able to specify a password field, since the users passwords will be managed externally.
- Note that you can only import Standard users through the Users → Actions → Batch Import method as detailed on the link above.
Internal Users (users managed entirely by PaperCut - including password)
The Internal user import/update process is documented in the Batch Internal User Import and Update part of the manual:
- Note that this is the only import method where you can specify the password field, since this is for managing internal users
- Note that you can only import Internal users through the ‘server-command batch-import-internal-users’ method as detailed on the link above.
These example files are included in the PaperCut installation in the following directory:
- [server install]/server/examples/import/users/batch-user-example.tsv
- [server install]/server/examples/import/users/batch-internal-user-example.tsv
For a video run thru on creating/importing internal users please see below: