This is a Maintenance Release for 18.3 and contains the following changes:
- Stapling: Find-Me environments that use the PaperCut Global Print Driver now support stapling for the following brands:
- Konica Minolta
- QR codes: Added a new server command 'generate-printer-qr-code' to generate QR codes for printers, which will direct users to the Mobile Print Release page for each printer.
- Security: Rate limiting protection is now provided for all PaperCut NG/MF internal user and admin accounts.
- Added individual timestamps to the entries associated with Email to Print and Google Cloud Print print events in the print-provider.log.
- Google Cloud Directory: Fixed an issue that, in certain circumstances, caused an error when switching the user/group sync source from Mac Standard to Google Cloud Directory or Windows Standard to Google Cloud Directory.
- Google Cloud Print:
- Fixed an issue where users' color selection was ignored when printing using the following drivers:
- RISO ComColor FW5230 PS
- RISO ComColor FW5230
- FX ApeosPort-VI C5571 PCL 6
- Kyocera TASKalfa 5052ci KX
- For Windows, added a config file enabling SysAdmins to configure printing without having to update the Print Provider. For use only when directed by PaperCut Support.
- Page analysis and conversion:
- Canon UFR II printer driver: Fixed an issue that caused grayscale conversions to not be applied when printing via Google Cloud Print.
- Konica Minolta bizhub C554e Series PostScript printer driver: Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect color page count when printing both color and grayscale pages in booklet output mode.
- Konica Minolta PostScript printer driver: Fixed an issue that occasionally caused an incorrect page count when multiple pages were printed on a single sheet of paper (n-up printing).
- OKI PCL6 printer driver: Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect page count when multiple pages were printed on a single sheet of paper (n-up printing).
- RISO PostScript printer driver:
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect page count when multiple pages were printed on a single sheet of paper (n-up printing) on some RISO PostScript drivers.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect page count when printing in booklet output mode on some RISO PostScript drivers.
- Email to Print:
- Fixed an issue that caused Email to Print jobs to not respect the print queue's default settings.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused some print jobs to either print a "rangecheck" error page or not print a page at all.
- macOS/Linux (CUPS): The configure-cups command now displays a notification when printers are automatically being imported for monitoring (EnablePrinterAutoImport is set to "on"). The notification also asks if you want to switch to manually managing printer monitoring.
- Watermarking (PostScript, PCL5 and PCL6): Added multi-byte watermarking support for languages such as Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. The Unicode font 'Andale Mono WT' must be installed on the printer.
- Increased security around the upload of documents to the Application Server.
- Updated the bundled Java SE Runtime Environment to version 8 update 191, to incorporate the latest security fixes from Oracle.
- EPSON PX-M5080F printer driver: Fixed an issue that caused non-printable duplicate jobs to appear in the release queue in mixed Mac and Windows environments.
- Fixed an issue that on rare occasions caused the Print Provider to restart when analyzing corrupted spool files.
- Fixed an issue that caused a long delay or, in some cases, incorrect behavior when loading the Admin web interface page without an internet connection.
- Fixed an issue in the User Client, where incorrect account names were displayed in the Preferred Accounts list.**
- Improved user authentication performance for LDAP user sources and G Suite Cloud Directory.
- Realex Realauth Redirect Payment Gateway: Fixed an issue that produced invalid errors in the Realex system.
- This release includes a database upgrade.