This is a Maintenance Release for 18.0 and contains the following changes:
- Tuned Java parameters to improve Application Server performance on large sites.
- Pay Station: When a Pay Station fails to connect to the Application Server to update a user's balance, the Pay Station now displays an error message and prints a transaction error report (if an acknowledgement printer is attached), so the user has proof that the transaction did not succeed.
- Added a new Admin Right to control access to the Sites tab in the Admin interface.
- Reduced the CreateSSLKeystore default certificate validity duration to not exceed 2038, to safeguard older devices running into a 2038 date rollover issue.
- macOS High Sierra (CUPS): Reduced the time it takes for a printer to be available in the Control Printer Monitoring.command script.
- Standard Release station via Site Server: Fixed an issue that caused an empty print release list for Hold/Release queue managers.
- User Client:
**Note: User Clients require an upgrade.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the User Client from launching when the User Client icon was double-clicked in the Windows task tray.
- Fixed an issue that caused high memory usage, especially when a high number of shared accounts are used.
- Web Print:
***Note: Web Print sandbox servers require an upgrade.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Maximum document/file upload size" value to be ignored and set to 256MB instead.
- Sandbox mode: Fixed an issue that caused multiple print jobs to be generated for each Web Print job in some virtual environments.
- Google Cloud Print:
- Fixed a rare issue that caused a Google Cloud Print job to be printed multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented PaperCut MF from publishing all printers to Google Cloud Print when there were a large number of printers.
- Printer compatibility improvements:
****Note: Secondary servers require a Print Provider upgrade.
- RISO ComColor with PaperCut Global Print Driver: Added a new PDL transform to fix an issue that caused the printed output to have incorrect settings when printing in duplex, color, or selecting specific tray settings.
- Canon printers on Linux and MacOS: Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect number of copies and pages to be reported for some Canon devices when using CUPS printing.
- Epson printers: Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect number of copies and pages to be reported for some Epson printers.
- On demand Payment Gateway API: Extended the API to support external lookup on different user properties, for example card ID or alias.
- If you are running v17.2.1 or later, there is NO database upgrade.
- Fixes and enhancements marked with:
- ** require a User Client upgrade.
- *** require a Web Print server upgrade.
- **** require a Print Provider upgrade.