- GDPR print management, data privacy and security compliance: To comply with Europe's General Data Protection Regulation "Right to be Forgotten":
- a new Privacy Option has been added to configure the time period after which potentially sensitive data elements of print jobs are permanently redacted from the Job Logs page. This includes Document Names of print jobs and thumbnail previews and spool files of archived print jobs.
- the server command permanently-redact-user-data has been enhanced to redact the Document Names of cancelled or expired print jobs on the Job Logs page.
- Security: When a print server is detected as being offline, all its held print jobs (pending release) can now be hidden, to prevent them from being released during the outage. For more information about this feature and how to enable it, contact PaperCut Support.
- Linux and macOS (CUPS): Added more options to the configure-cups script when run from the terminal (list all available printers, add or remove individual printers).**
- Google Cloud Print: Fixed an issue on the Application Log page that displayed an incorrect line of text (!GoogleCloudPrintManager.printer-unpublished!), instead of the relevant message.
- HP drivers: Fixed an issue with some drivers that caused duplex print jobs to be detected as simplex (since 17.4.3).**
- Fuji Xerox PostScript drivers: Fixed an issue with some drivers that caused an incorrect page count when multiple pages were printed on a single sheet of paper (n-up printing).**
- PostScript drivers: Fixed an issue in the print-provider.log file that sometimes incorrectly logged an "Unsupported image compression" error.**
- Fixed an issue that caused some discrepancies in the Environmental Dashboard’s "Usage This Month" graph when including December 2017 Job Logs that were edited in January 2018.
- Site Servers: Fixed an issue that caused Site Servers with low system resources or running many embedded devices to frequently switch to offline mode even when the connection to the Application Server was available.
- If you are running v17.2.1 or later, there is NO database upgrade.
- Fixes and enhancements marked with ** require a Print Provider upgrade.