- Mobility Print:
- Support for Linux and macOS environments by the Mobility Print server.
- DNS setup is even easier with a new improved workflow in the Mobility Print Admin interface to help you configure DNS-SD.
- Windows Print Provider: Added an option to change print queue error monitoring to SNMP (ErrorPollMethod=snmp in print-provider.conf). This speeds up the time on Fast Release Stations, Standard Release Stations and all web-based Release Station interfaces to:
- block the release of print jobs when a print queue is in error, and
- stop blocking the release when the print queue is no longer in an error state.
- Improved the wording of the "Make shared account/PIN code visible" security options in the Account Options area on the Options > General page.
- Web Print Sandbox mode security**: The confg key that controls document macros is now disabled by default (web-print.disable-macros).
- Basque translations are now available for the PaperCut NG User web interface.
- Mac and Linux: Fixed an issue where the printer toner level, model, and serial number was not updated on the Printer Details page for printers using some Xerox drivers.
- Windows Print Provider: Fixed a rare issue that caused Print Provider to crash if PDL transforms were enabled.
- Microsoft Applications on Windows 10: Fixed a rare issue that caused print jobs not to be tracked when printing to Windows servers with server side rendering, when Hide Document Names have been activated.
- HP printers on a Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 print server: Fixed an occasional issue that caused an incorrect number of pages to be reported when printing multiple copies.
- Site Server: Fixed an issue to improve Site Server registration and sync performance in organisations with many Site Servers where some Site Servers some times incorrectly switched to the offline mode.
- If you are running v17.2.1 or later, there is NO database upgrade.
- **All Web Print sandbox servers must be updated to apply the default behavior of the config key (i.e. disabling document macros by default).