This is a Maintenance Release for 17.3 and contains the following changes:
- Security enhancements: When a print server is detected as offline, print jobs queued for printing will now be placed back on hold. Print jobs will not longer be automatically released when the print server comes back online.
- Site Server: Print Providers can now be configured to communicate directly with the Application Server during a Site Server outage, thereby improving print resilience.
- Linux: Fixed an issue that caused custom memory allocation settings to be ignored. As a result, the Application Server used the standard memory allocation, which is insufficient for some large sites (since 17.3.2).
- Fixed an issue that caused a CSRF validation error when logging in to the Admin or User Web Interface if server.force-host-header has been configured in server.properties (since 17.3).
Note: Some sites that use a non-standard reverse proxy server configuration may continue to experience this issue. Some additional actions are required to resolve this.
- Fixed a rare issue that incorrectly displayed the name of the user of a redirected print job as SYSTEM on the Windows print queue.
- Windows User Client:
- Added the ability to switch off toast notification popups.
- Windows 8+: Fixed an issue that truncated messages and caused them to appear twice, as a balloon tip and as a toast notification popup.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused toast notification popups to become inaccessible, behind taskbar icons.
- Postscript driver: Fixed a page count and color detection issue when printing from postscript to an LPD print queue.
- HP Universal PCL6 driver: Fixed an issue that occasionally caused a color page to be counted as a grayscale page.
- Toshiba PostScript and PCL driver: Fixed an issue that incorrectly detected and charged a print job using "Erasable Blue" color type as grayscale, instead of color.
- Oracle DB version 18.104.22.168 or below: Fixed an issue that caused PaperCut NG upgrades from version 15.x or below, to fail when using Oracle DB version 22.214.171.124 or below.
- If you are running v17.2.1 or later, there is NO database upgrade.