This is a Maintenance Release for 17.2 and contains the following changes:
- Load balancing: Fixed printer load balancing to correctly select the least busy target printer to minimize the wait times for print jobs (since 16.0).
- Reports: Fixed an incorrect label format issue on Executive Summary reports run for a single day.
- Server commands: Fixed an issue when running the add-printer-access-group server command without defined groups, that returned an error.
- Secure Print / Find-Me printing:
- Samsung Universal Print driver: A new PDL transform is now available from PaperCut support that fixes the incorrect printing of some grayscale Word documents as color.
- Fixed an issue on the Print Release section of the Device Details page that displayed an incorrect warning message when enabling find me printing support.
- Fixed an issue on the Print Release section of the Device Details page that displayed an incorrect warning message when a virtual print queue had a long list (300 or more) of redirected destination queues.
- Improved the load time of the Device Details page when many print queues are available (since 17.1).
- Fixed a rare issue when creating a new device, if skimming through the fields very rapidly without waiting for the page to fully load, that sometimes produced a stale link error.
- Integrated Scanning: Fixed an issue that prevented users from editing blank Scan Action fields (filename and subject) on the device.
- Xerox Print to Fax**:Added the ability to toggle the XeroxFax key in the print-provider.conf file to track Print to Fax jobs as fax jobs instead of print jobs.
Copier / Device Integration:
- If you are running v17.2.1 or later, there is NO database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.
- Fixes marked with ** require a Print Provider upgrade.