This is a Maintenance Release for 17.2 and contains the following changes:
- Print Provider: Now shipping signed PaperCut NG/MF DLL's (pcprintportmon.dll and pcprintportmonui.dll) for both x32 and x64 architecture.
- Mobility Print: Provide the ability for users to authenticate via Pin/ID from Mobility Print.
- Fixed a problem preventing the Application Server from using custom keystores that have a different key password to the main keystore password (since 16.1).
- PaperCut NG now uses HTTPS for "Check for updates" and "Report error" communication.
- Fixed a problem preventing user deletion when running the delete-existing-user server command without arguments.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes confirmation emails for newly created users were not sent.
- Added a new config key ("IgnoreOSDocumentNames") that ignores the document name set by the operating system, and instead uses the document name specified in the spool file.
- Web Print: Fixed an issue where if one user received a Web Print error about an unavailable printer, other users will then also persistently receive the same error.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the removal of an alternate ID from a printer.
- Minor layout improvements in the Admin web interface, including alignment and pagination.
- Novell iPrint: Fixed an issue that falsely logged errors about a missing ppd directory.
- Canon imagePROGRAF large format printers: Added support for tracking and reporting of print jobs.
- HP PCL6 driver on Windows 10: Fixed an issue causing in an incorrect number of pages to be recorded when N-up printing was used.
- HP Universal or HP Model Specific PCL 6 drivers: Fixed an issue causing Envelope #10 size print jobs to be reported and charged as "Default (other sizes)".
- OKI Universal PCL5 driver: Fixed an issue that reported the wrong number of copies for print jobs in some cases.
- Mobility Print (with Toshiba Universal 2 driver): Fixed an issue where color documents were detected and charged as grayscale documents.
- If you are running v17.2.1 or later, there is NO database upgrade.