This is a Maintenance Release for 17.1 and contains the following changes:
- Fixed an issue causing a user's PIN to be deleted when their account is changed from Restricted to Unrestricted and vice versa.
- The New User Settings now allows the setting of a negative credit balance.
- Fixed an issue when running the PaperCut Application Server on Windows 7 or above that prevented Winpopup notifications from being delivered to Windows clients.
- Mac and Linux:
- Google Cloud Print and Email to Print: Fixed an issue preventing printing on Linux and Mac when there are 5 or more concurrent jobs being processed by a Print Provider.
- Fixed an issue preventing jobs with shell interpreted meta-characters (such as backticks `) in the document title from printing to a virtual queue.
- Web Print sandbox mode: Fixed an issue that occurred after one or more Web Print servers go offline, causing a single print job with multiple copies to be incorrectly processed as multiple individual print jobs.
- Mobility Print: Improved page-level color detection for PostScript printers.
- Site Server: Fixed an issue causing Site Servers to go offline when "system.site.keepalive-interval-secs" has a higher value than "system.site.register-interval-secs".
- PDL transforms: Fixed an issue causing temporary files to be retained when PDL transforms were enabled.
- Kyocera Classic Universal KPDL driver: Fixed an issue when printing in booklet mode, that incorrectly detected total page count, color page count, page size and duplex as simplex.
- Konica Minolta BizHub 226 driver: Fixed an issue when printing multiple copies of a multi-page MS Word document, that incorrectly detected total page and copy count.
- Toner status:
- Improved the reliability, accuracy, and level of detail of the Toner status on the Printer Details > Summary page.
- Added support for more toner colors in the Toner status on the Printer Details > Summary page.
- Prevent job release to printers reporting errors: The following additional device types are now supported:
- Lexmark Touchscreen Printer (eSF)
- OKI Touchscreen Printer (eSF)
- Dell Touchscreen Printer (eSF)
- Toshiba Touchscreen Printer (eSF)
- Fixed an issue causing custom logos in the Admin web interface to display incorrectly in Internet Explorer 11.
Copier / Device Integration:
Ricoh (SDK/J) version 6.0.3*:
- Fixed an issue that prevented the PaperCut MF embedded application from starting after installation on devices running SDK 4, 5 or 7 (since 17.1.1).
Ricoh (SmartSDK) version 2.0.1*:
- Added a network timeout error message, enforcing user logout, when network connectivity is lost while using device functions.
- Added backward compatibility to support PaperCut Application Server 16.2 and above (since 17.0.6).
- Improved handling when a user accidentally double presses buttons on the device panel. Subsequent presses are now ignored until the action from the first press is complete.
- Fixed an issue when using device functions that incorrectly prevented users with insufficient credit for tracked functions, from accessing untracked functions.
- Fixed an issue when using device functions with an empty paper tray, that prevented users from logging out and displayed an incorrect message.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly overrode the locale settings on the PaperCut MF embedded application when different to the settings on the device.
- Added an error message preventing a user from being able to log out of PaperCut MF on the device, when the user has an active session in any other application.
Samsung (XOA) version 1.3.4*:
- Fixed an issue where devices running the firmware JVM 8 were unable to connect to the PaperCut Application Server via SSL on port 9192 (since 16.0).
Xerox (EIP 1.5+)*:
- Fixed an issue when using HTTP, that incorrectly displayed the icon and description on the Print Release and Account Selection screen on the device.
- If you are running v17.0.0 or later, there is NO database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.