- Mobility Print:
- Mobility Print simplifies the printing process for Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) and other end-user managed devices, across all prominent operating systems (iOS, Android, Chrome OS, Windows, or macOS). Whether on smartphones, tablets, laptops, or Chromebooks, by following a few simple steps, users can quickly discover and print to any printer, without requiring the assistance of a SysAdmin.
- New look Admin web interface:
- PaperCut NG has been redesigned! It's modern, user friendly, and most importantly, it's a stepping stone for future improvements to the interface and feature development.
- HTTPS/SSL Configuration: Ability to import SSL certificates directly from .PFX, P12, .PEM, .DER, and .CRT files.
- Global Print Driver: A Microsoft signed version of the PaperCut Global Print Driver has been included in the installation of PaperCut NG.
- PayEx Payment Gateway: Support for:
- WyWallet and credit card for manual transfers.
- On Demand transfer using WyWallet
- The Admin web interface Options > Admin Rights page now allows you to Select All or Clear All check boxes.
- Individual Admin web interface pages can now be bookmarked.
- Individual User web interface pages can now be bookmarked.
- Email to Print: Improved download speed from IMAP mail servers.
- Diagnostic log file rotation is now paused during the collection process to ensure that logs are not missed.
- Scalability improvements to the Application Server when handling a large number of User Clients.
- A "Download Diagnostics file" button has been added to the Options > Advanced page. This button is used only for troubleshooting purposes when there are memory issues (your friendly support engineer will tell you when).
- Print System Health Monitoring: New endpoints have been added to monitor the status of Mobility Print servers.
- Linux Release Stations: Improved support for on screen keyboards.
- Paypal WPS payment gateway: Added support to connect to PayPal via a Proxy Server.
- macOS: As per our End Of Life Policy announcement macOS 10.9 is no longer supported.
- Internet Explorer: As per our End Of Life Policy announcement IE10 is no longer supported.
- Web Print (Sandbox mode):
- An experimental feature that allows you to print OpenOffice documents (switched on with web-print.enable-openoffice-support). Supported file types include:
- OpenOffice (.ODS and .OTS) files from Microsoft Excel 2010+.
- OpenOffice (.ODT and .OTT) files from Microsoft Word 2010+.
- Supports printing text files from Microsoft Word.
- Google Cloud Print: Fixed an error when a printer shared to Google Cloud Print was renamed.
- Security improvements:
- Environmental Dashboard: Fixed an issue that might allow users to access other users' environmental dashboards.
- Continuing enhancements to security of Admin Web UI to defend against emerging scripting attacks.
- Fixed a rare issue in some PostScript jobs where the number of copies might be incorrectly counted.
- Watermarking: Fixed an issue that incorrectly positions watermarks in documents with mixed page orientations.
- Hardware Page Count validation now supports additional options to check all trays before determining if a device has no paper.
- Simplified error message in the Admin web interface (Options > Notifications) when test notifications cannot be sent.
- RISO: Fixed a color page detection issue when printing with a RISO FW ComColor GDI (5000, 5230) driver.
- User Printing - Logs report: Fixed a problem preventing the report from being run in Ad-hoc mode with Offline usage filtering.
- Mac OS: Fixed a problem that prevented printers from being added to PaperCut on initial install.
- This release contains a database upgrade.
- And of course, the "Fine Print":
If you have a current subscription to Premium Upgrade Assurance, your upgrade to Version 17.0 is already included. Otherwise, one-time upgrades may be purchased via our online order system or through your PaperCut supplier. And hey, added bonus - upgrading now will entitle you to all of the releases in the 17.x series throughout the year!