Prevent jobs from being released to a printer reporting an error
PaperCut MF gives administrators the ability to choose whether or not they want to allow users to release jobs from supported devices reporting an error, alleviating user concern and reducing Administrators' reactive work created by a printer in error.
Supported devices that can block job release are:
- Ricoh SDK/J and Smart Operation Panel
- Triumph Adler
- Sharp OSA
- Fuji Xerox
Administrators can also choose to block jobs from being released from Standard Release Stations and all web-based Release Station interfaces (including the Admin web interface > Jobs Pending Release, User web interface > Jobs Pending Release, Release Manager interface, and the Mobile Release interface).
Note: The non-embedded Release Stations rely on the Operating System print queue state, and the experience might vary depending on the printer and driver in use.
Customizable start dates for running reports
You can now configure the start day or date for your weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly scheduled reporting periods, using a set of new config keys. The Reports > Schedule / Email Reports page displays the date on which the next report will run.
- Jamex Netpad terminal: Added support for username/password authentication and card self-association.
- Unused printer and device groups are now automatically deleted in the overnight processing.
- New properties added to the following server-commands to set/get the Override printer/device settings on the User Details page:
- New properties added to the XML Web Services API to set/get the Override printer/device settings on the User Details page:
- Added a new server-command (clear-user-advanced-printer-settings ) that clears the Override printer/device settings check box and all settings under it on the User Details page.
- Application Server debug logs: Fixed an issue causing incorrect used and maximum memory amounts to be displayed.
- Mac: Support for Dark Mode menu bar icons.
- Fixed an issue where users with access to a subset of printers and/or devices, could not see the devices to which they have access in any selectable printer/device list, such as, in the "Printer Details > Job Redirection Settings" area.
- Print Provider can now connect to printers and Application Servers using either IPv4 or IPv6 addresses. Note: A known issue with Java JDK 1.8 MacOSX might prevent toner reporting updates from being displayed on the Application Server running on that platform. For more information, see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8131133 for details.
- PCL5 printers: Fixed an occasional issue causing incorrect page counts for duplex jobs.
Copier / Device Integration:
Konica Minolta (OpenAPI):
- The supported PaperCut connector version is now 3.1.2.
- Improved document security by providing an option to automatically delete queued print jobs when a device is in error for more than a preconfigured period of time or on logout. Documents that are sent to a printer before the error occurs will no longer be printed when the error is resolved.
- Fixed a rare issue causing Integrated Scanning to fail on some newer Sharp devices.
Toshiba (e-BRIDGE Open Platform):
- Fixed an occasional issue allowing users to log into a device with a swipe card after an incorrect PIN is entered.
- Fixed a layout issue causing the page content to overlap the footer information when an error message was displayed at the top of the screen.
- Fixed an issue when searching for an account if the search resulted in only one account, the account was not visible on the screen.
- Release Station API: releaseJob and releaseJobs now provides an option to block users from releasing jobs to printers in error. The API will respond with a message that can be displayed to the user to help them resolve the printer issue.
- Device REST Web Services API: Fixed an issue on Fuji Xerox and Dell devices, preventing the Device by name GET function from returning details of the logged in users.
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.