Prevent jobs from being released to a printer reporting an error
PaperCut NG gives administrators the ability to choose whether or not they want to allow users to release jobs to printers reporting an error, alleviating user concern and reducing Administrators' reactive work created by a printer in error.
Note: This functionality relies on the Operating System print queue state, and the experience might vary depending on the printer and driver in use.
Customizable start dates for running reports
You can now configure the start day or date for your weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly scheduled reporting periods, using a set of new config keys. The Reports > Schedule / Email Reports page displays the date on which the next report will run.
- Jamex Netpad terminal: Added support for username/password authentication and card self-association.
- Unused printer and device groups are now automatically deleted in the overnight processing.
- New properties added to the following server-commands to set/get the Override printer/device settings on the User Details page:
- New properties added to the XML Web Services API to set/get the Override printer/device settings on the User Details page:
- Added a new server-command (clear-user-advanced-printer-settings ) that clears the Override printer/device settings check box and all settings under it on the User Details page.
- Application Server debug logs: Fixed an issue causing incorrect used and maximum memory amounts to be displayed.
- Mac: Support for Dark Mode menu bar icons.
- Fixed an issue where users with access to a subset of printers and/or devices, could not see the devices to which they have access in any selectable printer/device list, such as, in the "Printer Details > Job Redirection Settings" area.
- Print Provider can now connect to printers and Application Servers using either IPv4 or IPv6 addresses. Note: A known issue with Java JDK 1.8 MacOSX might prevent toner reporting updates from being displayed on the Application Server running on that platform. For more information, see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8131133 for details.
- PCL5 printers: Fixed an occasional issue causing incorrect page counts for duplex jobs.
- Release Station API: releaseJob and releaseJobs now provides an option to block users from releasing jobs to printers in error. The API will respond with a message that can be displayed to the user to help them resolve the printer issue.
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.