This is a bugfix release for 16.3 and contains the following changes:
- 10 Squared GTS payment terminal: Added support for the 10 Squared GTS payment terminal.
- CommWeb Payment Gateway: Support for SHA-256 hashing.
- Application Server debug logs: Improved the clarity of hardware page count messages.
- Linux User Client: Fixed the "Details" button link on some Linux implementations, particularly Kubuntu 16.04.
- configure-cups can now handle device URIs with special characters (that can be interpreted by the shell).
- Fixed an issue causing some SNMP printer errors to be ignored, which meant they were not displayed on the Printer Details page or Application Log, and no notifications were sent when the error occurred.
- Fixed an issue where the Application Server reported printer status too frequently, causing additional load on the server.
- PDL transforms: Fixed an issue since 16.3 causing transforms with assignment statements to fail.
- Fixed an occasional issue causing job data to be overridden with old job data when the job Id has been reused within a short period of time.
- Konica Minolta: Improved multi-copy page count on PCL6 printers.
- Fixed a rare issue that prevented users with Admin rights from logging into the Admin web interface. This occurred only when there was a long list of users with Admin rights.
Copier / Device Integration:
Canon (MEAP Version 1.2.0)*:
- Added support for color copy restrictions by user group. Requires Access Management System (AMS).
- Fixed an issue causing card readers to become unresponsive when a user logs in, logs out, and then logs in again in quick succession.
- Fixed an issue on newer devices causing a job to continue when the user has insufficient funds.
- Added support for iR-ADV C75xx series devices.
Fuji Xerox (AIP) / Dell (AIP)*:
- The ext-device.fuji_xerox_aip.ui.connection-check-timeout-millis config key now allows a value of 0, which turns off connection checking before initializing the interface.
Lexmark (LeSF Version 2.3.2)*:
- Fixed an issue for devices that support compression and OCR causing the Highly Compressed and Searchable options to be hidden in the native Scanning interface when PaperCut is tracking scanning.
- Fixed an issue causing LeSF 5 devices to fail when a user performs a second Scan to Email job in a single session.
- Fixed a rare issue causing instability when performing multiple copy jobs with job building, particularly those involving scanning multiple page sizes.
- OSA 3.5 or earlier: Fixed an issue on devices using both the card reader and the inbuilt physical keyboard (or USB keyboard), where users could not log in if their card number was three characters or less.
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.