This is a maintenance release for 16.2 and contains the following changes:
Note: This release is not compatible with earlier versions of the Payment Gateway module. If you upgrade to 16.2, you must also upgrade the Payment Gateway module. For more information see our Upgrading Knowledge Base article.
- Application Log messages relating to job release errors now include the IP address of the Release Station.
- Fixed an issue allowing the creation of internal users with the same card/ID number.
- Fixed an issue preventing users from logging into the Mobile User web interface from iOS devices (since 16.1).
- Fixed an issue blocking Site Server connectivity when the Application Server is configured with a stricter list of SSL protocols (since 16.2 General Release).
- Enhanced the predictability of the order in which jobs are printed when "Release All" is used.
- Fixed an issue allowing alphanumeric PINs to be assigned to internal users via server-command.
- Fixed an issue introduced by the bundled Java SE Runtime Environment upgrade in 16.2 General Release causing problems on some older devices (using the RC4 cipher) connecting to PaperCut NG.
- PaperCut LPD service with legacy Windows LPR client: Fixed an occasional issue preventing jobs from processing when either the job name or the associated username contains non-ASCII characters. For more information, see Fixing encoding problems/unintelligible characters appearing in PaperCut LPD job queue.
- Ricoh printers: Added a new Config key (toner.fetch-public-mib-then-private) to improve the accuracy of toner level retrieval when below 20% for some models.
- Canon UFR II drivers: Added support for 40 X 30 inch page size detection.
- KIP GL drivers: Improved page count reliability.
- Linux and Mac: Improved the reliability of enabling and disabling printers.
- Fixed an occasional issue with account charging priority.
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.