- Print System Health Monitoring:
The new Print System Health Monitoring interface allows you to maximize print uptime by setting up alerts, dashboard indicators, and graphs in any industry standard monitoring tool.
This interface allows you to monitor:
- Status of overall print system health
- Status of components in your printing environment
- Real-time statistics
- System resource information
- Printer/device inactivity
- Passwords for SysAdmins and internal users are stored with a more secure encryption algorithm that is no longer case sensitive.
- Databases can now be imported via the command line without confirmation prompts.
- Fixed an issue causing multiple notifications to be sent when the toner level drops below a predefined threshold.
- Fixed an issue causing a refund for a job charged to multiple personal accounts to be refunded only to the default account.
- Fixed a rare issue when copying device settings causing 'Release station settings' to be copied when 'Advanced (non-device-specific) settings' was selected.
- User interface: Fixed an issue causing the Printer/Device Group field under Filters on the Recent Print Job page to always be empty.
- Novell iPrint: Fixed an issue preventing iPrint from shutting down when there are held print jobs.
- Pay Station: Added a config key (display-on-screen-keyboard-always) that controls whether or not the on screen keyboard is always displayed on the login panel.
- HP universal printers: Improved page count.
- systemd Linux: Resolved an issue where the Application Server was not restarted after an upgrade.
- Kyocera printers: Improved color detection.
Copier / Device Integration:
- Toshiba (e-BRIDGE Open Platform):
The PaperCut MF interface has been refreshed for Toshiba e-STUDIO devices running these platforms:
- e-BRIDGE Next
- e-BRIDGE X
- e-BRIDGE 3
- Fuji Xerox (AIP) / Dell (AIP)*:
- Honeywell Orbit barcode reader is now supported.
- Samsung (XOA)*:
- Fixed an issue causing devices to lock up when a username has an apostrophe (').
- HP (FutureSmart)*:
- Fixed an issue causing an error ("could not connect to the quota server") when attempting to use Scan to USB.
- Konica Minolta (OpenAPI):
Note: These fixes will not be enabled by default in PaperCut MF until the changes have been certified by Konica Minolta. If you are affected by any of these issues, please contact PaperCut Support for assistance.
- The supported PaperCut connector version is now 2.1.1.
- Fixed an issue allowing users to print and copy with a zero balance (zero stop) when the paper type is changed.
- Fixed an issue causing a device to lock up and require a restart when upgrading PaperCut.
- Model numbers ending in xx7 and xx8: Improved the clarity of the message displayed when a user has insufficient funds.
- The Internet Control module has been removed. End of life for the Internet Control Module was announced in December 2011. Customers using Internet Control should NOT upgrade to this release.
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.