- Direct Printing:
- Customers no longer have to run a print server to be able to take advantage of PaperCut's feature set. PaperCut's Direct Print Monitor tracks jobs between desktops and an MFD. Significant UI improvements around queue management ensure no additional administrative overhead.
- New look PaperCut NG manual:
- We are revamping the PaperCut NG manual. This first phase includes a refresh to the User Interface and easier navigation and search functionality.
- Mail server configuration:
- Configuring PaperCut to SMTP servers is now even easier with drop-down selections for popular mail servers (GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo), as well as bringing encryption and optional login settings into the UI.
- Printer group notifications:
- Administrators are now able to use Printer Groups to deliver low toner and error notifications to specific recipients. This allows the most appropriate person to receive the alert per device.
- Improved the Printer Notification messages (Low Toner and Printer Error) by optionally including additional information such as serial number, IP address and model of device.
- You now have the option to receive low toner notifications when they occur, or alternatively in hourly or daily batches.
- System Notifications: Increased the maximum send frequency for "Error level events " and "Printers in error" to 1440 minutes (1 day) on the Notifications page.
- Mobile Release: Users can now log in to Mobile Release using their email address as an alternative to their username.
- Customers using applications like SCCM to manage their software updates can now take advantage of PaperCut reporting version numbers to the Operating System.
- You can now disable a shared account for an exact period of time via server commands.
- Added the ability to specify a custom Windows Active Directory attribute a the user's primary email address.
- The customer reference number is now available on the About page.
- Unused printer groups are no longer deleted during scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Improved notifications for customers attempting to upgrade without a valid license.
- Fixed an incorrect confirmation message displayed when disabling GCP options.
- The PaperCut icon is now shown in the Windows Add or Remove Programs list for the Client, Client MSI (installer), Payment Gateway Module, and Card Creation Wizard.
- Fixed an issue on the Devices page causing the page title and the title of the unselected tab to be hidden.
- Prevent Chrome browsers from auto-populating unwanted data in the User Details and Create Device pages.
- Email to Print and Google Cloud Print: Fixed an occasional issue causing part of a page to not print.
- Fixed a rare issue that prevented Site Servers from synchronizing with the Application Server.
- Fixed a minor issue in some Hardware Page Count Validation dialogs where code was being displayed in place of text.
- Fixed a rare Site Server issue where changes made to groups of users weren't being updated to the site.
- Fixed a rare issue in version 15.3 (Build 34230) and 15.3 (Build 34420) causing inaccurate color / grayscale reporting when PaperCut cannot detect page-level color and page-level color detection is enabled.
- The getAllGlobalConfig method in the ExtDeviceIntegrationXMLRPCAPI API has a new key/value pair (currency-symbol-position-start) that is used to specify the position where the currency symbol should be displayed in the currency format.
- This release contains a database upgrade.
- As per the End of Life announcement, this release discontinues support for new installs or upgrades of the PaperCut server software on Mac OS X 10.8.
- As per the End of Life announcement, this release discontinues support for Internet Explorer 7, 8, and 9. Administrators will receive a warning message when they log in to the administration console, and they can still choose to continue.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.