- System Health API:
- PaperCut now provides an API to monitor the health of the Application and Site Servers as well as the connectivity to the database.
- Release Manager Roles:
- Release Station managers' queues can now be filtered to show only those print jobs that are relevant to them. Filters can be applied to selected printer groups or user groups to customize this view.
- Fast Shared Account display:
- Improved the performance of large shared account code database handling, with:
- Desktop clients that are configured to load shared account lists from a file now proactively update when a new file is found.
- Timely toner notifications:
- Low toner notifications are now sent immediately in place of a daily digest of toner statuses. This allows for devices to be maintained more responsively.
- Usage data:
- License and information messages are now displayed using a banner in the admin UI.
- Improved handling of duplex and color print jobs in iOS printing.
- Added support for custom TTL settings for Bonjour Printer Advertisements. This fixes the issue with iOS shared printers disappearing when using Aruba's 'Airgroup' functionality.
- Fixed an issue where a printer published by PaperCut on mixed IPv4 and IPv6 networks did not work for iOS 9 devices.
- Unused printer groups are now automatically removed from the system.
- Addressed an issue preventing the Windows Client MSI installer working when copied from a Mac or Linux Application Server.
- Resolved an issue for customers printing via a Fiery RIP where document names contained commas.
- Fixed an issue which caused an Email to Print job to fail when sent from an unknown email address for the first time.
- Fixed an issue preventing batch shared account import when running the PaperCut Application Server on some Oracle databases.
- The Payment Gateway module for CyberSource Secure Acceptance (SA) now correctly processes usernames with underscore ('_') characters.
- Fixed an incorrect error message being displayed when removing advanced config keys.
- CardSmith payment gateway: fixed an intermittent database connection leak.
- PayPal: Fixed an issue with currency conversion.
- Fixed a rare problem causing comments in Job Log screen to not be displayed correctly.
Printer Compatibility Improvements:
- Improved color detection for jobs originating from Ubuntu 15.0.4 or current SUSE distributions.
- Improved page size detection for KONICA MINOLTA Bizhub PRESS C1060 using Postscript drivers.
- Improved duplex detections with selected PCL5 drivers.
- Improved color and duplex detection for Epson WF series of printers.
- Added hardware page count validation for Kyocera ECOSYS.
- Fixed a rare issue preventing Find Me Print jobs redirecting to a remote server when used in conjunction with a PDL transform.
- Fixed a rare issue with the formatting of monetary values for some regions.
- Fixed a rare stability issue in the Print Provider when PostScript spool files ended unexpectedly.
- Improved handling of admin rights where users were assigned to a deleted printer group.
- Fixed an error causing api.authenticateUserWithPassword to incorrectly return USER_DISABLED. This API now returns ACCESS_DENIED.
- Documentation and example code for the Release Station payment API in the core product has been removed.
- This release contains a database upgrade.