- Modern Operating System ready: PaperCut has been adapted and is ready for the next wave of Operating Systems including:
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X El Capitan
- Modern GNU/Linux distributions using systemd
- Site Server: In the event of network outages, print queues and MFDs can utilize a Site Server to deliver business continuity including support for Print Release and Find-Me Printing. Introduced in 15.0 under the Early Access Program, 15.2 now includes a single Site Server license as standard.
- Printer Group Management: New controls for the improved usability of printer groups, including assignment of printers to groups, as well as filters and reports.
- Desktop Client screen now supports customizable text when configured for ID/PIN login.
- Customers that have opted to hide card numbers in their system settings will no longer see these numbers in any reports.
- Added a new configuration option to handle separator pages in conjunction with hardware page count validation.
- Enhanced security of User Web UI to defend against emerging scripting attacks.
- Web Print: Added support for Adobe Reader DC.
- Added Hardware Page Count validation for OKI devices.
- Google Cloud Print:
- Additional paper size support for printers deployed via PaperCut.
- Fixed a stability issue for GCP and Email to Print users when the user record contains an un-contactable email address.
- Page analysis:
- Improved page counting for HP printers using HPGL drivers.
- Improved handling of blank pages for printers using Konica Minolta PCL6 drivers.
- Improved counting of print jobs containing multiple copies when using Ricoh RPCS drivers.
- Print Groups: Fixed an issue when using Print Groups on the "Group - print/scan/copy/fax - breakdown" report which would previously fail to run.
- Payment Gateways: Fixed an issue that may have prevented users from accessing Moneris, Authorize.Net and Barclaycard payment gateways.
- Environmental Dashboard: Improved handling of large numerical values in the environmental dashboard.
- Reports: Fix minor alignment issues in the Executive Summary report.
- Added additional translation support for App Log entries.
- Fixed an issue for customers using PDL transforms on Mac servers which may result in transformed jobs not printing.
- Fixed a rare issue on SQL Server installations in multi-byte encoding locales (e.g. Japan) which may have caused logging issues.
- Microsoft Print to PDF virtual printer has been added to the ignored printers list.
- Fixed a rare issue causing a customer’s new license reverting to their old license some time after uploading to their installation.
- This release contains a database upgrade.