- New Optional Component - Site Server: Customers with multi-site deployments often consider printing redundancy and resilience as a high priority. In the event of network outages, print queues and MFDs can now utilize a Site Server to deliver business continuity including support for Print Release and Find-Me Printing. All this can be achieved without losing the benefits of central administration.
The Site Server is the first major server component added to PaperCut since secondary print server support in 2006. It is the culmination of 6 months development and system re-architecture. Not just intended for multi-site organizations, the Site Server also can be used to add redundancy in private cloud setups, or isolate areas of a local network to improve resilience.
- A New Look: Not technically new functionality, but customers will notice something a little different! Changes to the logo and PaperCut 'green' touch every part of the product.
- PaperCut's Global Print Driver now supports deployment to 32-bit workstations from 64-bit servers.
- Simplified the conversion to PaperCut MF from PaperCut NG. The installer now automatically upgrades and imports all your data and settings.
- Scalability improvements:
- Performance improvements for sites running a very large number of secondary print servers.
- Reduced the load the desktop clients have on the server when the PaperCut Server is re-started.
- When performing delegated print release, the original owner's username is now visible.
- User PINs are stored in the database in encrypted form.
- Changes to the network API used by the user client to minimize information leaks.
- Added the ability to restrict an admin's access to assigned printer groups (including printers and print logs). This enhances support for multi-tenancy.
- Novell iPrint: If the PaperCut Print Provider is installed on a workstation, it is now able to determine which queues on the workstation are direct queues (and track them), and which queues are iPrint server-hosted queues (and ignore them).
- RBS WorldPay Payment Gateway: It is now possible to specify a merchant code to uniquely identify PaperCut transactions.
- Advanced PDL transform: Added an "inline copies" command to PDL transform language to create a multiple-copies effect.
- Added support to disable SSO for mobile users without affecting desktop users.
- When using the SSO confirmation page, users now have an option to change the detected language.
- Quick find has been enhanced to search for printers by Alternate ID.
- Mobile and BYOD Improvements:Google Cloud Print:
Email to Print and Google Cloud Print:
- Fixed an issue where a printer could not be published to the cloud if its location field was empty.
- Improved stability upon loss of connection to Google cloud server.
- Resolved an issue causing Email to Print or Google Cloud Print to fail if a job from either of these services was in a partially spooled state during an Application Server restart.
- Fixed a problem for Web Print users with account selection option "Charge personal account (and allocate to shared account for reporting)" not having their jobs charged accordingly.
- User Client:
- Fixed a case where client notifications weren't delivered to users in a remote desktop environment.
- Fixed the display of cost adjustments in the Advanced User Client when the locale uses a comma (,) as the decimal separator.
- Global Print Driver and Advanced PDL Transform:
- Fixed a problem with transform scripts without an empty line at the end.
- The Global Print Driver now supports KONICA MINOLTA SeriesPS printers.
- Username Aliasing:
- Fixed issues arising from user aliases that were not lower case.
- Fixed an issue which caused batch import of username aliases to fail.
- Fixed a problem that could cause high number of database connections to be used when username aliasing is enabled and there are many user client connections.
- Admin UI:
- Fixed a problem where it was not possible to copy settings to a virtual print queue.
- Improved the configuration experience for embedded devices by no longer auto-populating username and password fields.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally see $0.00 transactions written to a user account after saving changes to their record.
- Pay Station (pay and release mode): Fixed an issue that may have prevented users releasing their jobs via the "Print All" button.
- Fixed an issue that would result in the Executive Summary report graphs displaying a "flat line" after a system time change.
- Fixed an issue that may have prevented "Job Type" filter from working in some reports.
- Shared Accounts:
- Application will no longer automatically import empty shared account files resulting in the loss of all shared accounts.
- PINs set to Sub Accounts via the API and server-command now correctly inherit the Parent Account PIN.
- Non-ASCII Character Support:
- Added support for non-ASCII characters in the Windows server-command tool.
- Web Services API: Fixed an issue which caused corruption of non-ASCII characters.
- Fixed an issue which may have prevented user login or trigger random logout when using "internal users".
- Fixed a problem where device license details were not updated immediately after uploading a new license.
- Find-Me Printing: Improved the usability for Find-Me Printing customers using Hardware Page Count Validation. Automatic refund costs can now be based on either the virtual queue costs, or the destination (physical queue) costs.
- Fixed a potential Application Server performance issue due to invalid SNMP responses returned from some printers (such as Evolis card printers).
- Fixed an issue that may have allowed Internal users to log in with card or identity numbers after this feature was disabled.
- Improved database connection management for customers using username aliasing and user clients.
Printer Compatibility Improvements:
- In print jobs with multiple page sizes, PaperCut will now report the largest page size. Earlier versions of PaperCut reported the last page size set.
- Improved Riso page analysis.
- No longer charge for "print later" jobs.
- Improve paper size detection.
- Now handle a wider range of printer models.
- HP: Improved grayscale detection for HP PostScript printer driver.
- Made duplex settings for Google Cloud Print jobs more reliable when printing to Kyocera printers on Windows print servers.
- Improved page level color detection for Kyocera PostScript printers.
- Fuji Xerox:
- Improved grayscale conversion filter for FX ApeosPort PCL6 printer drivers.
- Improved page size detection on FX PostScript printers.
- Improved page counting for 2-up printing on Japanese DocuColor and DocuPrint PostScript printers.
- Improvements to grayscale and duplex conversion filters for Canon PCL6 print drivers.
- Improved page counting for Canon LBP 9520.
- Improved grayscale conversion filter for Canon PCL6 printer drivers.
- Epson: Improved page size detection for Epson LP range of printers.
- OKI: Fixed grayscale conversion filter issue on OKI PCL5 that resulted in garbled characters to appear.
- Toshiba: Improved Hardware Page Count validation for Toshiba devices where jobs are suspended (not failed).
- Novell iPrint: Ignore the temporary "iPrintUpload" printers created by the iPrint Windows client.
Copier / Device Integration:
- Canon (MEAP)*: Canon Embedded - PaperCut for Canon application is now available in the Americas.
- Fuji Xerox (AIP) / Dell (AIP)*:
- Added support for the RFIDeas pcProxy Playback card reader (RDR-7585AKU).
- Fixed an issue with MagTek readers reading multiple tracks resulting in login errors.
- Scalability improvements to the performance of the Application Server when hosting Fuji Xerox devices.
- HP (FutureSmart)*: HP Common card reader (CZ280A) is now supported.
- Ricoh (ESA)*: RFIDeas pcProxy Playback card reader (RDR-7585AKU) is now supported.
- Samsung (XOA)*:
- Fixed a display issue with the "Held Jobs" icon on later model devices.
- PaperCut will now use the device's default locale where an override has not been provided.
- Fixed an issue where "Automatically release user's jobs upon login" caused a device lock up.
- Sharp (OSA):
- Fixed a problem that prevented the "special characters" keyboard being available when entering passwords.
- Improved display of non-ASCII characters on device display.
- A security improvement to prevent users from bypassing charging.
- Toshiba (e-BRIDGE Open Platform)*: Document name in print release page can now be truncated to a customizable length.
- Xerox (EIP 1.0+ and EIP 2.0+): User balance no longer includes overdraft when displayed at login.
- Linux distributions (e.g. RHEL 5, Debian 5, Ubuntu 9, SLES 10) as Application Servers are now in end-of-life phase. Please see the End-of-Life policy.
- Mac OS X 10.7 servers are now in end-of-life phase. Please see the End-of-Life policy.
- This release is not compatible with earlier versions of the Payment Gateway module. Customers using a Payment Gateway must upgrade to the latest version.
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.