This is a bugfix release for 14.3 and contains the following changes:
- Fixed a problem that prevented the usage of the same shared account at different MFP's concurrently (since 14.3).
- Google Cloud Print
- Minor usability improvement with entering the authorization code during the setup process.
- Automatic email self association now works correctly if PaperCut's Single Sign On (SSO) was enabled on the application server.
- Improved diagnostic logging.
- SSL fine tuning enhancements (e.g. for POODLE) can now be used when running SSL on non-PaperCut-default ports.
- Minor usability improvement with setting up Find-Me Printing on multiple devices.
- Fixed cases where print-provider.log files on Windows would not rotate fast enough and grow larger than expected.
- Internal User Registration: Ensure users receive a confirmation email after registration.
- Fixed problem with hardware page count validation if a job had been in a hold/release queue for more than 2 hours and required adjustments.
- Fixed rare case where performing a bulk user action to reset user statistics would also clear secondary email addresses.
- Fixed problem running the db-tools command on Linux.
- Fixed an issue that prevented PDL Transforms when defined on a print queue name (rather than a driver name).
- Fixed issue creating scheduled reports that displayed more than one job type (e.g. print and copy) (since 14.3).
- Fixed an error running the Deleted Users report (since 14.3).
- OS X 10.10 printer setup now uses CUPS sandboxing "relaxed" mode instead of "off".
- Fixed addSharedAccountAccessUser API not working when using Oracle as the external database.
- Fixed rare case where updates to user balances could be incorrect when running multiple API calls at once.
- Added advanced config key to customize the mobile print release authentication timeout ("mobile-release.session-timeout-mins").
- When installing a new license, the number of devices in use is recalculated and now displays "Initializing" if not immediately available.
- Added an advanced REPEAT_ALL keyword to the PaperCut PDL Transform Language.
Printer Compatibility Improvements:
- HP Officejet Pro X451dw: Improved grayscale detection.
- XPS-based drivers: Added N-up (2 pages per 1 sheet) detection.
- Fixed potential issue with grayscale conversion filter when redirecting jobs to Kyocera PCL6 printers from non-Kyocera drivers.
- Improved color detection when printing from the Evince document viewer on Linux.
Copier / Device Integration:
- Dell (XCP) and Fuji Xerox (XCP)*:
- Fixed incorrect default permissions that would deny color scanning.
- Fixed a problem preventing login on devices with scan or fax tracking disabled for restricted users.
- Job tracking now works after renaming the device.
- Fixed problem with swipe to log out not working on some screens.
- Fixed a problem preventing comments/invoice page being shown under some conditions.
- Mixed color and grayscale documents printed via USB are now tracked correctly.
- Fixed some cases of account confirmation screen incorrectly displaying after unlocking the device.
- Added a new advanced config key 'email.personalized-sender' that allows a user to enter any 'from' address for scan jobs.
- Kyocera (HyPAS)*:
- Fixed username/password authentication.
- Performance improvements when using the Kyocera data security kit.
- Toshiba (e-BRIDGE Open Platform) - SDK2 devices:
- FixedFixed issue enforcing account selection workflow for zero cost copy/scan jobs.
- Xerox (EIP 1.0+ and EIP 2.0+):
- Fixed issue preventing user assigning a PIN to their card for the first time.
- Improved display of SNMP error status as seen at some sites (previously reported as "socket is closed").
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.