- A new charging type for printing and copying has been added. We've called it "Standard" because we believe it will become the first choice for most sites. The new charging type allows exact costs to be specified for each combination of page size, color/grayscale and single/double sided.
- Denied print jobs are now displayed for a short time in hold/release queues, so users can know what has happened to their job. This applies to the release station, web based release interfaces and the Mobile Print Release interface.
- New tools to assist with diagnosing problems, including:
- A one-click download of diagnostic files.
- Generate and log a diagnostic snapshot of system state at a point in time.
- Web Print PDF printing is now built in:
- Web Print now works "out of the box" for PDF printing on Windows. There is no longer a need to install and configure Adobe Reader or a separate service account.
- Improved fault tolerance on Windows by continuing to print previously submitted jobs after Web Print is restarted.
- If a system change results in successive Web Print job failures, an error will be reported to the Application Log allowing system administrators to be notified and take action.
- Significant updates to the Ricoh embedded application including support for small screen type devices. See below for full details.
- The printer group name now appears correctly on the Edit Admin Rights page.
- Very long group names are now viewable on the Bulk User Operations and Bulk Shared Account Operations pages.
- iOS printing: fixed a display issue with the "remember me" checkbox icon on some devices.
- Fixed archived job thumbnails occasionally not displaying in the print log.
- Fixed issue with print queues that have a name with a leading space. Yes, that happened.
- Updated list of trusted SSL certificates, which resolves issues such as connecting to some payment gateway systems with new kinds of certificates.
Printer compatibility improvements:
- Added hardware page count validation support for the Triumph-Adler DCC 2935.
- Improved job analysis for some OKI and Toshiba models with PCL6 drivers.
- Improved job analysis for the Epson Laser LP-8900.
- Fixed page size detection for the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CG835 PostScript driver.
- Added page detection for Canon LBP9100C printer.
- Added Mac driver support and copy count detection for Epson SC-T3000.
- Fixed B4 page size detection in 2-up mode on Canon LIPS drivers.
- Fixed grayscale conversion filter for recent HP Univeral PCL6 printer drivers.
- Fixed duplex conversion filter for Lexmark Universal PCL6 drivers binding on the wrong edge.
- Fixed duplex conversion filter for Kyocera PCL5 drivers.
Copier / Device Integration:
- Added support for a wider range of Toshiba devices with the introduction of a new onboard/embedded app for the Toshiba LeS platform (v21351).
- Revamped Ricoh Onboard/Embedded (ESA SDK 4+) v21505*:
- Added support for new small screen MFPs (MP C305 and MP 301).
- Improvements to the overall user experience and look and feel.
- Added swipe to log out support.
- Streamlined workflow to reduce the number of clicks/screens to complete the login process.
- Option to add the user's email address to the address book at login under the name "Scan to Me". This provides a simple way for users to scan documents to themselves.
- Track Document Server print jobs.
- Enhanced support for ESA SDK 10+ devices:
- Option to not display the account confirmation screen after login. User will be taken straight to the copy screen.
- Users can log out by pressing the "Logout" hard button.
- Wake the device screen on card swipe.
- Enhancements to print job release screen:
- Option to hide the print job cost.
- Display balance for restricted users.
- Display printer warnings (e.g. out of paper, out of toner, paper jam).
- Improvements to "zero-stop" to better handle zero cost B&W and costed color copies. If the user doesn't have credit at login, the color copy option is disabled. If the user logs in with credit, they will be logged out as soon as possible after they overrun their balance.
- Integrate with Ricoh GlobalScan NX to provide the authenticated user's details (SSO).
- It is now possible to perform device configuration directly on the device's panel. There is no longer a need to edit configuration files or reinstall the app.
- Option to allow the device to go into full sleep mode when a card reader is connected.
- Added a "
session-page-limit" configuration that limits the maximum number of pages copied/fax/scanned in a single session.
- Various reliability improvements when device loses connection to the application server.
- Pressing the Reset or Clear buttons will clear any previously entered text (e.g. username, password, ID).
- Improved user feedback when buttons are pressed (buttons briefly change color to indicate they've been pressed).
- The displayed language is now based on the device LCD language, and changing the language has immediate impact. Override the language is still possible via the server-side setting.
- Many translation updates (now translated for 21 languages!).
- Brother (BSI): Added support for group-level color access control.
- Dell Onboard/Embedded (LeS) v21351*: improved installation and setup procedure.
- HP Chai Onboard/Embedded v21848*: Enable swipe to logout (and fixed issue that would "queue up" the next login if a user swiped while another user was logged in).
- HP FutureSmart Onboard/Embedded (no embedded app update required):
- Fixed issue preventing unrestricted users from queueing up multiple jobs.
- Fixed rare problem that could cause copy jobs to be charged to incorrect shared account under certain conditions.
- Fixed some cases that could cause devices to display an error screen with code "48.A1.01".
- Fixed some cases where the print release screen was displaying in English instead of the configured language.
- Fixed layout issue on the account selection page on wider screen devices such as the HP CM4540.
- Konica Minolta Onboard/Embedded (OpenAPI): It is now possible to stop scan and fax jobs in progress when users run out of balance.
- Lexmark Onboard/Embedded (LeS) v21351*:
- Fixed some compatibility issues with certain combinations of input devices that would cause keystrokes or input to be duplicated.
- Added an advanced config option to hide job costs from the print release screen (
- Added support for a wider range of card readers, including models from CIS, IDV and ID TECH.
- OKI Onboard/Embedded (LeS) v21351*: improved installation and setup procedure.
- Samsung Extensible Open Architecture (XOA) v21940*:
- New print release button for the home screen.
- Optionally skip print release during login.
- Added an option to choose which screen to display after login.
- SSO enhancements to share additional user details with other MFP applications.
- Sharp Onboard/Embedded (OSA): Fixed some button layout issues when viewing the interface in French.
- This release does not contain a database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded copier software.