- Print Archiving. This allows approved administrators to review printed jobs interactively in the browser. This has been a hotly requested feature for a number of years and addresses a wide variety of scenarios.
- Advanced Printer Scripts:
- Recipes and snippets can now be previewed, allowing you to quickly cut and paste example code into your own scripts.
- Common functions that are shared between individual printer scripts can now be stored in, and referenced from, a master include script.
- Admin rights: It is now possible to restrict access to the Dashboard page.
- Scheduled reports: In addition to the existing scheduling options (daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly), reports can now be run annually and quarterly.
- Added an option to enforce use of SSL when accessing PaperCut services from mobile devices (e.g. Mobile Print Release and iOS Printing).
- When performing a test user/group sync, information about the number of users to be added/deleted will be displayed.
- Some Mac OS / CUPS drivers send "fake" documents to query printer status. These documents do not result in print output. Additional checking for these documents has been added in this release, particularly for Xerox devices.
- Improved error message when trying to initialise the database (command
init-db -f) when the user does not have permission to drop/create tables.
- New print script recipe to discourage users from printing multi-page emails.
- Print refund management:
- The print log CSV and transaction logs reports will now display the refund approver's comment.
- The number of pending refund requests is now displayed on the dashboard.
- Payment gateways:
- Heartland: Added support for account ids in "track 2" card format.
- PayPal: Added an advanced configuration option to override the IPN URL. This makes it possible to support environments where multiple systems integrate with a single PayPal account.
- Release station with card authentication: It is now possible to configure the reset timeout for the login screen.
- It is now possible to configure the values that define "low" and "very low" toner levels.
- Increased default SNMP timeout for hardware page count validation to improve stability on slower networks.
- New versions of the "Adobe Acrobat Distiller" virtual PDF printer are now ignored by default.
- Added card number to the User Printing - Summary CSV report.
- Web Print: Added support for additional versions of Adobe Reader.
- Various translation updates, including major updates for Hungarian.
- Selecting a different printer charging type no longer automatically applies the change (the user must now click the Apply button).
- Fixed issue that could result in limited administrators being able to change printer settings without having the appropriate admin rights.
- The Cancel button on the Edit Job Log page now works as expected.
- Fixed issue editing print logs when there are no shared accounts defined.
- iOS Printing: Fixed charging to shared accounts by PIN/code.
- Fixed problems running group-based reports using the controls below the job log on shared account pages.
- Improved performance when listing printers in the Mobile Print Release application.
- Advanced printer scripting: Fixed display of Japanese characters in the import recipe dialog.
- Active Directory: User "disabled" status now applies to card authentication.
- Novell iPrint:
- Fixed a rare problem redirecting print jobs when using duplex/grayscale conversion filters.
- Fixed problem that could result in jobs pausing when hardware page count validation was enabled.
- Fixed a problem displaying a device's Find-Me Printing configuration if its release queue had been deleted.
- Web Cashier: Fixed a bug that denied charging access if charging to a shared account configured using the "auto-charge to a single shared account" option.
- Fixed problem accessing the Admin Rights page when using Oracle as the external database.
- Fixed a rare issue with hardware page count validation conflicting with other SNMP software.
Printer compatibility improvements:
- Improved support for the latest versions of HP Universal drivers.
- Improved page count detection for Kyocera PCL6 drivers for duplex jobs.
- Fixed page size and page count when printing n-up on Fuji-Xerox ApeosPort-IV C5570 PostScript driver.
- Improved color detection for EPSON WF-7515 Series.
- Fixed grayscale conversion on HP Color LaserJet CP4020 Series PCL6 drivers.
- Improved page count detection for Xerox Global PCL6 drivers for duplex jobs.
- Fixed watermarking on OKI PostScript drivers.
- Improved page size detection for Oce PostScript drivers.
- Fixed page detection for Sharp pamphlet mode for Letter and Invoice page sizes.
- Added page size detection for "DL Envelope" page size for Ricoh SP C420DN and Ricoh SP C430DN PCL6 drivers.
- Added grayscale and duplex conversion support for printers with Fiery PostScript interpreters.
- Added hardware page count validation support for the Fuji Xerox C3200 and Kyocera FS-4020DN.
- Server installations on Mac OS 10.5 are no longer supported. Please see the end-of-life policy for details.
- This release contains a database upgrade and administrators should factor this into their upgrade plan.