- Mobile Print Release: Release print jobs from your mobile phone. In a secure printing environment jobs are normally released using release stations, embedded MFD software or specialist hardware. PaperCut Mobile Print Release provides a cost effective solution that leverages the powerful device that exists in almost everyone's pocket - the mobile phone.
- Windows 8: The PaperCut User Client now displays notifications on the Windows 8 Start Screen ("Metro"). This means that PaperCut print notifications are now prominent when printing from a new style fullscreen app.
- PaperCut MF's support for HP MFPs has been extended to support a wider range of devices. The new embedded/onboard copy, scan and fax tracking solution now supports HP FutureSmart devices such as the HP Color LaserJet CM4540 MFP. The embedded solution leverages the advanced features of the HP FutureSmart platform.
- In recent months PaperCut has been deployed at some very large organizations (some with over 10,000 printers!). As a result of these projects we have made a number of "under the hood" performance improvements from which sites of all sizes will benefit!
- Improvements to how print jobs are handled while in a hold/release queue, reducing the time between a user release action and the job starting to print. This change will also provide improved scalability for sites with large numbers of jobs in hold/release queues.
- Tune memory settings on 64-bit systems for improved performance.
- To avoid accidental loss of settings changes a warning message is now displayed when attempting to close important pages with unsaved changes.
- Improved behavior when communicating with an LDAP server on an unreliable network. LDAP queries now time out after a reasonable time if they appear "hung".
- When using multiple personal accounts, different payment types can be automatically allocated to defined personal accounts. E.g. TopUp/Pre-Paid cards can be paid into an account called "Paid Printing".
- When the user/group sync process detects duplicate user card numbers, a warning message is logged.
- Sites with a large number of printers will benefit from improved performance in the admin interface.
- Windows: The list of ignored virtual print queues (e.g. virtual fax and "PDF printers") has been updated.
- Added support for sending email notifications using SSL/TLS only (i.e. not STARTTLS).
- Added support for retrieving serial numbers from a wider range of Canon printers.
- Release Station: It is now possible to add clickable hyperlinks in the release station's instructions text.
- Added support for the Biostore idPoint print release device.
- The device status text now updates automatically and without requiring a page refresh.
- Significant performance improvements to the "Shared Account Security Access" report.
- Custom defined links in the user web interface will now open in a new tab.
- Improved documentation for setting up Windows print server clusters in "active-active" mode.
- Added an option to
db-tools import-db to validate the integrity of export files (backups).
- Added support for displaying Lithuanian and Polish characters in PDF reports.
- Release station: If there is an error connecting to the server during user login, display feedback to the user.
- Linux: Users are prompted whether to delete backup files on uninstall.
- Linux/Mac: When using print job redirection there is now an option to maintain the job's original user identity. This can help to identify the owner of problem jobs.
- The installer now discourages the installation of a Web Print sandbox install on server-class operating systems (a desktop class system is recommended).
- The installer installation on a virtual machine and recommends a best practice knowledge base article.
- External Account Source custom integrations: If the external source does not explicitly indicate if a user can/cannot charge to shared accounts they are no longer considered disabled.
- Various translation updates.
- Fixed issue that could cause Web Print jobs to time out when a large number of jobs is submitted within a short period. User feedback about job status has also been improved.
- Fixed issue that may occur when releasing a very large batch of held print jobs.
- Card authentication at release stations: Fixed issue that may have caused the card field to lose focus (leading to misreads).
- Release stations with payment integration (pay-and-release) now correctly handle jobs that were charged to shared accounts.
- Improvements the reliability of Web Print for selected Microsoft Office documents if Office hangs.
- Fixed an issue that may have prevented admin users from accessing printers.
- Various improvements for on-demand mode payment gateways (e.g. CBORD DX, Blackboard or Heartland):
- When choosing to display user balances as a combination of PaperCut and the external balance, the balance is now consistently displayed across all MFPs and terminal devices.
- Fixed some cases where copy/scan/fax jobs may not have deducted any credit from the external source if the user had low balance. Note that the Payment Gateway Module must also be updated for this fix to take effect.
- Fixed charging jobs from Toshiba and Xerox devices to the payment gateway.
- Fixed charging for jobs logged during a connection outage between print server and application server (i.e. when performing print job replay).
- Fixed problem that would leave a duplicate PaperCut MF entry in the Windows "Add/Remove Programs" list.
- Fixed problems with iOS printing when using iOS version 6.
- Fixed rare crash bug that could occur when performing page-level color detection of PostScript jobs.
- Fixed regression that may have caused Web Print to not accept XPS documents.
- Fixed problem upgrading on 64-bit Windows from very old versions of PaperCut (7.2 or older).
Printer compatibility improvements:
- Fixed problem caused by incorrectly attempting to apply watermarks to HP JetReady printers with GDI drivers.
- Fixed grayscale conversion for HP Color LaserJet CP4520 Series PCL6.
- Improved page counting for short HP PCL5 documents.
- Fixed detection on Xerox DocuTech/DocuSP PCL6 printer drivers.
- Improved n-up detection on Xerox ApeosPort PCL6 printers.
- Added page size and duplex detection for Canon LIPS printers including LBP 1820 and LBP 5700.
- Fixed 11x17 page size detection for Canon UFR printers.
- Fixed grayscale filter for Canon iR-ADV C5045/5051 PS3.
- Improved page counting for very simple Ricoh PCL5 documents.
- Improved grayscale detection for Kyocera TASKalfa 3050ci PCL6.
- Fixed potential double-counting of copies for Epson LP-3500.
- Fixed page size detection for EpsonLP-S700.
- Added n-up detection for OKI PCL5 printers.
- Added page-level color detection for Oce ColorWave 650 PS printer driver.
- Added page count, page dimensions and copy count support for KIP 7100.
Copier / Device Integration:
- HP Chai Onboard/Embedded*:
- Allow masking of ID number entry.
- HP FutureSmart Onboard/Embedded*:
- PaperCut MF's support for HP MFPs has been extended to support a wider range of devices. The new embedded/onboard copy, scan and fax tracking solution now supports HP FutureSmart devices such as the HP Color LaserJet CM4540 MFP. This embedded solution leverages advanced features of the HP FutureSmart platform.
- Konica Minolta Onboard/Embedded (OpenAPI):
- The text displayed on the device now defaults to the language/locale of the PaperCut server (this previously defaulted to English).
- Allow users with zero balance to log into the MFP so they can use print release (access to copier functions will still be limited). Users will still not have access to perform copies, etc.
- Fixed problem that could cause PaperCut not to remove itself from the Konica Minolta when the device was deleted from PaperCut.
- Kyocera Onboard/Embedded (HyPAS)*:
- Adjustments to improve the screen layout on small screen letter/A4 devices.
- Option to collect longer periods of debug logging.
- Sharp Onboard/Embedded (OSA):
- Various improvements handling jobs that are restarted due to errors (e.g. out of paper) for restricted users.
- Correctly record duplex copy jobs for restricted users if the job completes after the user logs out.
- Toshiba Onboard/Embedded (e-BRIDGE Open Platform) - SDK2 devices:
- Various improvements to the performance and reliability of user authentication at the MFP. This should reduce the occurrence of users incorrectly seeing the "Quota exceeded" message.
- Significant server performance improvements seen on sites running on 64-bit systems with many Toshiba MFPs (70+).
- Disable quotas when logging on as the device's built-in "Admin" user. This allows technicians and administrators to log in and print config reports etc. without disabling the quotas.
- Ricoh Onboard/Embedded (ESA)*:
- Added support for Biostore and Live Registry USB card readers.
- Samsung Extensible Open Architecture (XOA)*:
- Improved support for new Android based MFPs.
- Fixed a problem that can occur on letter/A4 devices that can disable copying for a user if the connection between the server and MFP was down since the user's last login.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded copier software.
- This release does not contain a database upgrade.