- Mobile Print Release: Release print jobs from your mobile phone. In a secure printing environment jobs are normally released using release stations, embedded MFD software or specialist hardware. PaperCut Mobile Print Release provides a cost effective solution that leverages the powerful device that exists in almost everyone's pocket - the mobile phone.
- Windows 8: The PaperCut User Client now displays notifications on the Windows 8 Start Screen ("Metro"). This means that PaperCut print notifications are now prominent when printing from a new style fullscreen app.
- In recent months PaperCut has been deployed at some very large organizations (some with over 10,000 printers!). As a result of these projects we have made a number of "under the hood" performance improvements from which sites of all sizes will benefit!
- Improvements to how print jobs are handled while in a hold/release queue, reducing the time between a user release action and the job starting to print. This change will also provide improved scalability for sites with large numbers of jobs in hold/release queues.
- Tune memory settings on 64-bit systems for improved performance.
- To avoid accidental loss of settings changes a warning message is now displayed when attempting to close important pages with unsaved changes.
- Improved behavior when communicating with an LDAP server on an unreliable network. LDAP queries now time out after a reasonable time if they appear "hung".
- When using multiple personal accounts, different payment types can be automatically allocated to defined personal accounts. E.g. TopUp/Pre-Paid cards can be paid into an account called "Paid Printing".
- When the user/group sync process detects duplicate user card numbers, a warning message is logged.
- Sites with a large number of printers will benefit from improved performance in the admin interface.
- Windows: The list of ignored virtual print queues (e.g. virtual fax and "PDF printers") has been updated.
- Added support for sending email notifications using SSL/TLS only (i.e. not STARTTLS).
- Added support for retrieving serial numbers from a wider range of Canon printers.
- Release Station: It is now possible to add clickable hyperlinks in the release station's instructions text.
- Significant performance improvements to the "Shared Account Security Access" report.
- Custom defined links in the user web interface will now open in a new tab.
- Improved documentation for setting up Windows print server clusters in "active-active" mode.
- Added an option to
db-tools import-db to validate the integrity of export files (backups).
- Added support for displaying Lithuanian and Polish characters in PDF reports.
- Release station: If there is an error connecting to the server during user login, display feedback to the user.
- Linux: Users are prompted whether to delete backup files on uninstall.
- Linux/Mac: When using print job redirection there is now an option to maintain the job's original user identity. This can help to identify the owner of problem jobs.
- The installer now discourages the installation of a Web Print sandbox install on server-class operating systems (a desktop class system is recommended).
- The installer installation on a virtual machine and recommends a best practice knowledge base article.
- External Account Source custom integrations: If the external source does not explicitly indicate if a user can/cannot charge to shared accounts they are no longer considered disabled.
- Various translation updates.
- Fixed issue that could cause Web Print jobs to time out when a large number of jobs is submitted within a short period. User feedback about job status has also been improved.
- Fixed issue that may occur when releasing a very large batch of held print jobs.
- Card authentication at release stations: Fixed issue that may have caused the card field to lose focus (leading to misreads).
- Improvements the reliability of Web Print for selected Microsoft Office documents if Office hangs.
- Fixed an issue that may have prevented admin users from accessing printers.
- Fix on-demand mode payment gateways and charging for jobs logged during a connection outage between the print server and application server (i.e. when performing print job replay).
- Fixed problems with iOS printing when using iOS version 6.
- Fixed rare crash bug that could occur when performing page-level color detection of PostScript jobs.
- Fixed regression that may have caused Web Print to not accept XPS documents.
- Fixed problem upgrading on 64-bit Windows from very old versions of PaperCut (7.2 or older).
Printer compatibility improvements:
- Fixed problem caused by incorrectly attempting to apply watermarks to HP JetReady printers with GDI drivers.
- Fixed grayscale conversion for HP Color LaserJet CP4520 Series PCL6.
- Improved page counting for short HP PCL5 documents.
- Fixed detection on Xerox DocuTech/DocuSP PCL6 printer drivers.
- Improved n-up detection on Xerox ApeosPort PCL6 printers.
- Added page size and duplex detection for Canon LIPS printers including LBP 1820 and LBP 5700.
- Fixed 11x17 page size detection for Canon UFR printers.
- Fixed grayscale filter for Canon iR-ADV C5045/5051 PS3.
- Improved page counting for very simple Ricoh PCL5 documents.
- Improved grayscale detection for Kyocera TASKalfa 3050ci PCL6.
- Fixed potential double-counting of copies for Epson LP-3500.
- Fixed page size detection for EpsonLP-S700.
- Added n-up detection for OKI PCL5 printers.
- Added page-level color detection for Oce ColorWave 650 PS printer driver.
- Added page count, page dimensions and copy count support for KIP 7100.