- With the majority of new installs now being on 64-bit hardware, the 64-bit optimized option is now built into the Windows installer. Previously an optional 64-bit add-on pack needed to be applied post-install. The Windows installer now auto detects the operating system architecture and installs the relevant version where appropriate.
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is fully supported. In particular the installer has been enhanced to take advantage of the new security features available in the release of OS X.
- Three new pre-written printer scripting recipes have been added to the cookbook:
All these new scripts have been made possible with the introduction of new scripting APIs that allow the storage and retrieval of persistent data/variables.
- Implement color print quotas - users can be limited to a maximum number of color pages per day.
- Recognize and reward good behaviour - users who accomplish 10 consecutive days of only printing in duplex/grayscale receive a popup award.
- Rate limit printing during lab hours - ensure printer access is not abused.
- Added a new Payment Gateway option: Heartland Onecard.
- Dashboard page performance improvements.
- Added the ability to hide user card numbers in the interface and logs for sites conscious about security.
- New server-command and XML Web Service APIs:
getUserProperty - expanded to return a nominated user's account selection properties/settings.
syncGroup - will manually synchronize a nominated group with the directory source.
getGroupQuota - will fetch the group quota allocation settings for a given group.
- SQL Server 2012 and variants are now explicitly supported and documented.
- General performance improvements when processing print jobs.
- Error handling and messages have been improved for sites running multiple LDAP sources.
- The Microsoft XPS format is now natively supported. Drivers using this as a spool file format can now leverage features such as page-level analysis, and force duplex/grasycale.
- Added the ability to easily disable iOS printing support for Mac installations.
- If an internal database corruption is detected the system will now display a message giving advice on how to solve the problem.
- Improved the error message displayed when the server encounters low-memory conditions. The message offers some suggestions.
- Added detection of common misconfiguration of advanced LDAP settings. The system offers advice on how to resolve any problems.
- The "SMART Notebook Document Writer" virtual printer is now ignored by default.
- PaperCut now supports LDAP servers that use anonymous binds for querying. This is done by making the LDAP admin DN and password optional.
- Improved automated network setup on Linux.
- User Web Interface custom include files now handle UTF-8 for improved international support.
- Improved support for SNMP hardware checks on Konica Minolta printers.
- Improved the printer load balancing algorithm (when used in conjunction with print release or find-me printing.)
- Added language translations for Catalan, Spain.
- Fixed a problem where the "Maximum Copies" filter settings were lost when modifying other filter settings.
- Executive Summary Report - corrected inconsistencies when handling large data sets.
- Fixed problem that could cause slow print popups on Linux and Mac (CUPS).
- When accessing invalid URLs under "/upload/", we now return a 404 (page not found) error, instead of an empty page. This was causing false-positive security warnings with some security tools.
- Perform additional validation when creating internal users to ensure invalid names cannot be used.
- Manager Mode Popup automatically resizes to accommodate very long account names.
- Fixed a problem with printer scripting when using the
actions.job.cancelAndLog() function, which could cause the job to be logged twice, if called when job analysis was not yet complete.
- Fixed a problem seen on some older Linux distributions.
- Fixed a problem on Novell systems that could block print jobs when hardware page detection is enabled and PaperCut cannot determine the device network address.
- Fixed a problem in the release station where focus may not return to the card/username field on the login screen. This could prevent user authentication in rare circumstances.
- Logging in using full-width Latin characters used in Japan, China etc. will now no longer cause user duplication problems.
- Fixed minor layout issue with long printer names on the Dashboard's printer status list.
- Removed "totals" column from the 'Most Green' and 'Most Polluting' user environmental-impact reports.
Printer compatibility improvements:
- Improved page analysis for Canon UFR and PCL5.
- Fixed duplex detection for Epson Stylus Pro 4880.
- Improved page level color detection for TOSHIBA e-STUDIO4520 Mac PostScript driver.
- Improved force grayscale for Mac users printing to Toshiba devices.
- Added page analysis and duplex/grayscale attributes filters for XPS print jobs.
- Added SNMP Hardware count support for Canon and NRG.
- Improved color, duplex and number of copies detection for PDF spool files created by Fuji Xerox DocuCentre IV 2270 Mac print driver.
- Mac/Linux: Special "Printer Control Command" documents generated by Xerox 7800 are now properly handled.
- Improved force grayscale support for Konica Minolta PostScript printers.
- Improved support for SNMP hardware checks for Konica Minolta devices.
- Fixed document level color detection for Xerox Global PCL6 Driver for Xerox 7535 and 7125.
- Improved detection of paper sizes for FX DocuPrint ART EX printers.
- Mac OS X 10.4 servers are no longer supported. Please see the end-of-life policy for details.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded copier software.
- This release does not contain a database upgrade.