- Added a new capability to printer scripting to create more complex user prompts containing multiple input form elements. Some of the input recipes have been extended to leverage this functionality, and it is possible to write your own recipes. Ideas include prompting users for multiple actions (including check boxes, radio boxes) and a reason on a single popup screen.
- Added information to the Dashboard to display important information about the organizations license. It displays when the user license limit has exceeded or when the premium support is about to expire.
- User login sessions to the admin and user interfaces will now time-out after a period of inactivity. The durations for these timeouts may be configured differently for admin and user login sessions.
- Added support for extracting usernames from print spool files (e.g. PJL headers). This can be useful when tracking printing from Unix or host-based applications like SAP, Oracle Financials, JD Edwards, etc.
- During installation, the PaperCut Setup will now check if ports 9191 and 9192 are already in use, and if so will guide the user through resolving the issue.
- Now the shared account list (CSV) report displays the shared account code not just the sub account's code. It also displays the full account code.
- When running the invoice reports as scheduled reprots they will include the report summary page.
- Text entry can now be masked using a new advanced print script API (actions.client.promptForPassword), preventing shoulder-surfing.
- Added the color detection mode settings to the template printer, which allows setting a default detection mode for newly created printers.
- The print/copy/scan/fax breakdown reports will now include partially printed jobs (i.e. print jobs that were cancelled part way through printing).
- CSV/Excel reports now have balances formatted without currency symbols to make it easier to work with them in a spreadsheet.
- "Card number" will be displayed in the "User Printing - job type summary" CSV report.
- Added an advanced configuration option to specify the time gap to leave between print jobs when ordering print jobs when released from a hold/release queue.
- Fixed the issue with executive summary report graphs which did not always display the correct information when running PaperCut on SQL Server.
- Fixed the Printer Period comparison report, it did not report the correct information when a printer was deleted and re-added with the same name.
- Fixed an issue where CSV option was not selectable if a report other than the Executive summary was selected.
- Fixed a problem where user charge rates were not being applied to job costs when job attributes (color and duplex) are changed.
- Linux: Fixed potential Japanese font display issue on the user client tool on Ubuntu (and similar Linux distributions).
- Updated the Balance Info Gadget's icon to new PaperCut icon.
- Fixed an issue with executive summary report so that it displays Japanese, Chinese, Korean language characters in the report.
- Fixed a problem displaying user client notifications using Growl when the message contains non-ASCII characters.
- Fixed the Department/Office filters to work with "Printer Groups" information on "Executive Summary" report.
- Fixed the issue where a print job's total sheets were not updated after editing the job's total pages.
- Improved PayPal Payflow Link gateways to work with on customer who are setup on the new PayPal infrastructure.
- Top-up card wizard: Update the screenshot of the PaperCut admin to reflect the latest design.
Printer compatibility improvements:
- Improved page level color detection for recent Ricoh PCL6 drivers.
- Fixed page count, duplex and paper size for Ricoh PCL6 booklet mode and Sharp PCL6 pamphlet mode.
- Speed up processing of some large Acrobat files when printing to PostScript printers on Mac.
- Added page count support for Brother QL-580N.
- Allow watermarking to work on Kyocera-Mita KX printers. Previously no watermark was applied.
- Fixed watermarking and duplex/grayscale filters for Kyocera FS-C5015N KX.
- Fixed false detection of number of copies in some PostScript spool files.
- Fixed grayscale detection in OKI ES8431.
- Added page count, duplex, paper size and copies detection for FX DocuPrint M205 family of printers.
- Fixed page counting problems seen on Canon iPF 5100 for page sizes larger than 17 inches.
- Added page count support for Xerox Phaser 3100 GDI language.
- Fixed grayscale filter for Konica Minolta bizhub C353 family PCL6.
- Added watermarking for Canon iR 2525 PCL6.
- Added document level color detection for Ricoh Aficio C231N PS3.
- Improved grayscale and duplex detection for Canon LBP 8632 and other UFR-II printers on Mac.
- Added page size and duplex detection for Xerox Phaser 3100 GDI language.
- Fixed duplex filter for Ricoh MP 1350 PCL5.
- Added page count support for Ricoh gelsprinter series.
- This release does not contain a database upgrade.
- This is the last release that will be supported on Max OS X 10.4. This is as per our end of life policy.