- The new executive summary report added in 12.0 now includes charts that show the number of pages each day and jobs by time of day.
- New printing notifications available for notifying before a job times out in a hold/release queue, and when a job has timed out in a hold/release queue.
- Administrators may now add custom (external) links to the navigation menu in the user web interface.
- The uninstall wizard now displays a reminder to take a copy of any database backups if they are still required.
- Printer notification messages may now include just the printer's server or queue name (rather than only both at once).
- When redirecting print jobs on Windows (Find Me Printing or load balancing), the document "Owner" in the print queue is now preserved. This may aid administrators when troubleshooting.
- When performing a user/group sync and choosing to delete old users, the server.log file now indicates which users have been deleted.
- The "Filtered" column on the printer list now includes the number of active conversion filters.
- The Transaction and User List reports may now be filtered to special "[Internal Users]" group.
- Added an example for calling the web services API in PHP using Zend's XML-RPC library.
- Updated print script recipes for filtering emails printed using MS Outlook 2010.
- Major translation updates for Croatian and French. Significant translation updates for Danish, Polish and Spanish.
- Scalability improvements for large sites.
- Improved resilience to problems that can occur when the Windows print spooler service crashes.
- Improvements to debug logging in the Windows PaperCut Printer Port to help diagnosis of customer issues.
- Improvement to print job ordering when releasing a batch of print jobs that were submitted together (multiple jobs submitted in one second).
- Fixed problem seen on some Windows servers using the PaperCut port monitor and watermarking or performing color/duplex conversion.
- Fixed issue that could prevent tracking printers when installing on Mac OS 10.7.3 without first making manual permissions changes to CUPS files.
- Fixed some layout issues with the new Executive Summary report when displaying long printer names or using ad hoc filters.
- Fixed issue accessing the iPhone user web interface.
- Fixed issue with card authentication at release stations.
- When a printer script adjusts the page cost, the cost is no longer recalculated after a grayscale/duplex conversion (i.e. keep the cost set in the script).
- Fixed issue displaying some Turkish characters in PDF reports.
- Fixed a potential crash in the print provider service when performing page-level color detection on PostScript jobs.
- Fixed issue running the "Printer Configuration" report when a printer's configuration took up exactly one page.
- Fixed problems with redirecting of print jobs on non-English locale Windows systems when the option to hide document names in the windows spooler is enabled.
- Fixed issue using the "Users with no card/identity number assigned" filter to find users when using some external databases.
- Payment at release stations: fixed issue where the release station software might need to be restarted after having been unused for some time.
- The environmental impact most polluting/green reports are now sorted by total sheets instead of total pages.
- On Mac, PaperCut now automatically ignores more of the common service/daemon account names (rather than importing them as users).
- Removed unnecessary "totals" row from the "Group print/copy/scan/fax - breakdown"
Printer compatibility improvements:
- Added support for the Epson ESC/P-R print language (e.g. for Epson Stylus TX800).
- Added page-level color detection support for Brother proprietary drivers ("XL2BH" language).
- Improved analysis speed on large PostScript files created by Adobe Reader.
- Improved hardware page count checks for the Ricoh Aficio SP devices (e.g. 420DN, 480DN).
- Improved custom page size support for Sharp PCL6 drivers (e.g. MX-M753N).
- Improved page level color detection when printing from Adobe Reader on Ricoh Aficio PCL6 drivers (e.g. MPC 5501).
- Improved analysis for the Konica Minolta PCL6 driver (e.g. 36C-1).
- Fixed page count for Epson ACULASER duplex jobs (e.g. M4000N).
- Fixed color detection and grayscale conversion for Ricoh Aficio SP PCL6 drivers (e.g. C232SF).
- Fixed color detection for Sharp MX5000N PCL6 drivers.
- Fixed grayscale conversion for HP Color LaserJet PCL6 drivers (e.g. CP3525).
- Fixed watermarking for Dell PCL6 drivers (e.g. 3130n).
- Fixed grayscale detection for Adobe Reader documents on some Ricoh PostScript printers on Mac.
Copier / Device Integration:
- Added a new embedded/onboard copy, fax and scan tracking solution for Samsung devices via the Samsung eXtensible Open Architecture (XOA) platform. For more information see the Samsung MFD Integration tour page.
- Konica Minolta Onboard/Embedded (OpenAPI): Improved duplex mixed-color accounting.
- Kyocera Mita Onboard/Embedded (HyPAS):
- New option to diplay an additional custom "use copier functions" that can take the user directly to a specific device function, e.g. to go directly to scanning.
- New "strict" zero-stop option that may be more suitable for education and other restricted access environments where preventing overruns is important. Improvements were also made to the existing non-strict mode when allowing free grayscale copying.
- The card authentication graphic is no longer displayed on small screen devices.
- If the user has a default shared account it will now be listed first in the shared account list.
- Added a "Refresh" button on print release screen when no jobs are shown.
- When configured to display the Application screen after login and the PaperCut app is clicked, there is now a "Close" button to return back to the Application screen.
- Fixed extra characters that would appear on the id and PIN entry when using virtual keyboard.
- Fixed the optional custom welcome message not displaying on some login screens (depending on which authentication options were enabled).
- Document names on the print release screen now take up more of the available space.
- Fixed some debug logging issues where some activity may have been omitted or not copied to a USB drive.
- Lexmark Onboard/Embedded (LeSF):
- Fixed issue where the remaining balance displayed after a copy job was missing the final digit.
- Fixed the issue where print release wouldn't work if printer or server had a "." in their name.
- Copy jobs where the document feeder jams can now be resumed after clearing the jam, rather than having to restart the job.
- Added support for using the auto paper size detection feature during copying.
- USB scanning can now be blocked using device-internal security settings even when USB copying is enabled.
- USB scanning can be tracked when copying is not tracked by PaperCut.
- Sharp Onboard/Embedded (OSA):
- Account selection now supports the combination of personal account plus shared account by PIN/code (i.e. without selection from list).
- Improved accuracy of the inactivity timeout for PaperCut screens, which may have taken up to 60 seconds longer than configured to time out.
- Improvements to Sharp OSA 4 devices to automatically delete copy jobs when the user exceeds their quota. These jobs would previously be left in the job queue in a "LIMIT" state.
- Optimized shared account list display for customers with large number of shared accounts.
- Toshiba Onboard/Embedded (e-BRIDGE Open Platform):
- Added official support for new Toshiba "SDK2" devices, including the new eBX grayscale models.